Service Learning projects are carried out in partnership with local community organizations, including in partnership with Piano Sociale di Zona dell’Ambito Territoriale Napoli 33, a cooperative that manages an integrated system of social services for the Sorrento Peninsula.
Possible collaborations with:
- Retirement homes
- Centers for diversely-abled adults
- Youth programs
- Environmental organizations
Project opportunities may also include:
- Marine litter clean ups
- English conversation sessions with low-income locals
- Second-hand clothing sale to fundraise for local museum
- Contributing to a student column in local publications
- and more
By participating in service learning projects, students have the opportunity to engage with the local community, interacting with and giving back to the host culture. All participants are briefed on the project/organization before their service and also receive a certificate for their contributions.
Follow us on our blogStudent Life in Sorrento Coast
Known as the mother of the Virgin Mary, and therefore grandmother of…Read More