ProgramSpring Semester 2023
15 January – 6 May, 2023
NEW! FOR HONORS SEMESTER RESEARCH PROGRAM PLEASE CLICK HERE
Spend a semester in Sorrento!
The spring semester allows you to get to know Sorrento before the tourism season begins and then experience the excitement of the beginning of the summer season.
Walk down to the marina between classes, wander the cobblestone streets, and get to know the true spirit of the locals!
- 15 January – 6 May, 2023
- Arrival and Check in: Sunday, Jan 15th
- Orientation day: Monday, Jan 16th
- Courses start: Tuesday, Jan 17th
- Spring Break: March 13-17
- Courses end: Friday, May 5th
- Check out and departure: Saturday, May 6th
Spring semester features:
- 3/4 credits per course for a total of 12-15 credits (4-5 courses)
- Students are encouraged to take at least one Italian course (all levels available) – all other courses are taught in English
- 3 day trips included
- Internship opportunities are also available for academic credit (as part of the 15 credits) in a variety of business and art sectors. Please visit the Internship page to learn more.
Enrollment and Cancellation policy
- Up to 21 days prior to the beginning of the term, the student will not be liable for any program cost and will receive a 100% refund minus bank fees (deadline for no-fee cancellation: Dec 20, 2022)
- 20-8 days prior to the beginning of the term, the student will be liable for half of the program cost
- 7-0 days prior to the beginning of the term, the student will be liable for the full program cost
- After the start of the program, liability amounts to the full program cost and no refund will be made
* In the event of a force majeure (e.g., national crisis as identified by the Italian Government):
– Occurring after application and before the start of the Spring term and resulting in the cancellation of the Spring program, students will be eligible for a full refund of the amount paid minus bank fees.
-Occurring after the start of the Spring term and results in a modification of the Spring program (e.g., students are required to leave Sorrento and return to the U.S. and courses are converted to a distance learning format for course completion), students will be eligible for a partial refund of 40% of accommodation expenses for the number of nights unused in the amount paid for, minus bank fees. All other fees and expenses are non-refundable.
To check costs for the Spring Semester, please click here.
All our courses are offered through Jacksonville University (Florida).
- Not all courses run every term. Please contact Vice President of Student Affairs Marco Marino or Director of Study Abroad Serena Vacca for further information.
- All courses are subject to demand and adequate enrollment, so it is important to get additional alternate courses approved.
For more questions on this process and to apply, please contact Sant’Anna Director of Study Abroad Serena Vacca at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring 2023 Application Deadline: October 15th, 2022
Frequently Asked QuestionsStudy Abroad will look a bit different this spring due to COVID-19, so we've put together some answers to frequently asked questions for Spring 2021 to help you understand our policies in place to help ensure you have a successful semester abroad.
There are 5 main measures that have been implemented not only at Sant’Anna but in Sorrento and Italy at large:
- Masks: wearing masks indoors and outdoors
- Sanitizing: sanitizing your hands often and also highly touched surfaces
- Have your body temperature checked
- Contact tracing: leaving your contact information in case there should be a positive case found in that area in the future, that you will be able to be notified if necessary
- Social distancing: respect one-meter distance
Students will be required to wear masks indoors which includes classrooms, and public spaces around the school. Classrooms will also be disinfected before and after use and we will maintain social distancing in the classrooms (1-meter distance).
In the case that any students is required to quarantine their courses will be continued online for as long as necessary.
If the onsite program is canceled once it has already begun due to the pandemic student inters will have two options:
- End their internship early and receive 1 credit for every 45 ours already completed thus far
- Continue doing their internships online in an independent study format followed by Internship coordinator Emily Hammeren and also their faculty supervisor of record
Like at the school and in the offices of Sant’Anna campus, work places around Italy should follow a specific protocol for COVID-19 safety. For example: checking body temperature, signing your contact info, wearing a mask, keeping the one-meter social distance in the office at all time and also regularly sanitizing your hand and your work space.
Another important thing to know is that smart-working may also be implemented on a case-by-case basis.