ProgramSpring Semester 2021
January 24-April 17, 2021
NEW! FOR SPRING 2021 VIRTUAL INTERNSHIPS PLEASE CLICK HERE
NEW! FOR HONORS SEMESTER RESEARCH PROGRAM PLEASE CLICK HERE
Spend a semester in Sorrento!
The spring semester allows you to get to know Sorrento before the tourism season begins and then experience the excitement of the beginning of the summer season.
Walk down to the marina between classes, wander the small streets, and get to know the true spirit of the locals!
- January 24th – April 17, 2021
- Spring Break: March 4-7, 2021
Spring semester features:
- 3/4 credits per course for a total of 12-18 credits (4-6 courses)
- Students are encouraged to take at least one Italian course (all levels available) – all other courses are taught in English
- 3 day trips included
- Internship opportunities are also available for academic credit (as part of the 18 credits) in a variety of business and art sectors. Please visit the Internship page to learn more.
Enrollment and Cancellation policy
- Initial deposit of 30% of the program fee is due upon confirmation of acceptance to the program and by Dec 4.
- Full payment of 70% of the program fee is due by January 2
- Cancellation up to December 15, the student will receive a full refund of the amount paid minus bank fees.
- Cancellation up to January 2, the student will be eligible for a 40% refund of the amount paid minus bank fees.
- Cancellation after January 2 and or after the start of the program, there will be no refund of amount paid.
* In the event of a force majeure (e.g., national crisis as identified by the Italian Government):
– Occurring after application and before the start of the Spring term and resulting in the cancellation of the Spring program, students will be eligible for a full refund of the amount paid minus bank fees.
-Occurring after the start of the Spring term and results in a modification of the Spring program (e.g., students are required to leave Sorrento and return to the U.S. and courses are converted to a distance learning format for course completion), students will be eligible for a partial refund of 40% of accommodation expenses for the number of nights unused in the amount paid for, minus bank fees . All other fees and expenses are non-refundable.
To check costs for the Spring Semester, please click here.
All our courses are offered through Jacksonville University (Florida).
- Not all courses run every term. Please contact Academic Director Marco Marino or Study Abroad Coordinator Serena Vacca for further information.
- All courses are subject to demand and adequate enrollment, so it is important to get additional alternate courses approved.
For more questions on this process and to apply, please contact Sant’Anna Study Abroad Coordinator Serena Vacca at email@example.com.
Spring 2021 Application Deadline: October 30th, 2020
Start a new ExperienceFill out the form to the right and choose one of our study abroad programs in order to start your new adventure in Italy.
Ready to start your application?The next term starts on January 24, 2021
Admission deadline:October 30, 2020. When you apply, we’ll make a decision within 2-4 weeks. Once you’re accepted, you can start open courses right away!
Frequently asked questionsFAQs
Sant’Anna Institute is located overlooking the Marina Grande of Sorrento, a small and safe city on the Bay of Naples. The Institute is located a short 15 minute walk from the center of town and 20 minutes from the Sorrento Station.
From the train station, it is easy to reach any city in Italy, as well as the gems of the Amalfi Coast. Naples, the closest metropolitan city, is about an hour away, making travel very convenient.
Absolutely not. We offer Italian courses at every level from Beginner to Post Advanced. Upon arrival, your Italian level will be evaluated and you will be placed in the proper class.
Furthermore, all of our staff speak a proficient level of English, ensuring you will not be lost during your time here.
Our students enjoy a plethora of opportunities to explore the region and get to know the Sorrentine community.
Internships: During their time at Sant’Anna students can participate in an comprehensive internship related to their field of study. This is a wonderful way to gain relevant work experience and develop as a professional in a international environment.
Service Learning: These are projects that accompany specific courses allowing the community to become a “living” text and source of data for classwork while giving something back to your new home.
Excursions and Field Trips: There are three excursions per semester (one per summer term) included in the program.
Aside from Italian language classes, all of our courses are taught in English. For a list of courses and descriptions please visit this link: http://www.santannainstitute.com/courses-and-description/
To accommodate our students, we offer full year, Spring and/or Fall semester, summer sessions, and J-term and Maymester programs.
To relieve some of the financial burden of studying abroad, we offer various merit-based grants, as well as a scholarship available to Golden Key members. For more information, please navigate to the “Tuition & Grants” tab.
Yes. Our courses are accredited through our partner university Jacksonville University making transferring credits an easy process.
We are very lucky to be able to offer a students an abundance of facilities including free Wi-Fi throughout the building, a library, a student lounge, an organic garden right outside the door, 24-hour assistance to students, an offsite English speaking doctor if medical assistance is required, as well as a newly renovated residence hall on the third and fourth floors of our building.
As mentioned above, we have a residence hall with en suite double or triple rooms equipped with Wi-Fi, a mini-fridge, and linens. There is a fully furnished kitchen on the third floor where students can comfortably prepare their own meals and store food. Students can also elect to live with a trusted host family or in apartments located in the city.