ProgramFall Semester 2022
August 28-December 17, 2022
Spend a semester in Sorrento!
Walk down to the marina between classes, wander the small streets, and get to know the true spirit of the locals!
Sant’Anna Institute will require all students, faculty, and all program participants to submit covid-19 vaccination records in order to participate in any Sant’Anna program starting after May 1, 2022.
Please visit our Health and Safety webpage for all updates about covid-19 and our policies.
- August 28 – December 17, 2022
- Fall Break: October 17-22, 2022
Fall semester features:
- 3/4 credits per course for a total of 12-18 credits (4-6 courses)
- Students are encouraged to take at least one Italian course (all levels available) – all other courses are taught in English
- 3 day-trips included
- Internship opportunities are also available for academic credit (as part of the 18 credits) in a variety of business and art sectors. Please visit the Internship page to learn more.
Enrollment and Cancellation policy
- Up to 21 days prior to the beginning of the term, the student will not be liable for any program cost and will receive a 100% refund minus bank fees
- 20-8 days prior to the beginning of the term, the student will be liable for half of the program cost
- 7-0 days prior to the beginning of the term, the student will be liable for the full program cost
- After the start of the program, liability amounts to the full program cost and no refund will be made*
* In the event of a force majeure (e.g., national crisis as identified by the Italian Government):
– Occurring after application and before the start of the Fall term and resulting in the cancellation of the Fall program, students will be eligible for a full refund of the amount paid minus bank fees.
-Occurring after the start of the Fall term and results in a modification of the Fall program (e.g., students are required to leave Sorrento and return to the U.S. and courses are converted to a distance learning format for course completion), students will be eligible for a partial refund of 40% of accommodation expenses for the number of nights unused in the amount paid for, minus bank fees . All other fees and expenses are non-refundable.
To check costs for the Fall Semester, please click here.
All our courses are offered through Jacksonville University (Florida).
- Not all courses run every term. Please contact Academic Director Marco Marino or Study Abroad Coordinator Serena Vacca for further information.
- All courses are subject to demand and adequate enrollment, so it is important to get additional alternate courses approved.
For more questions on this process and to apply, please contact Sant’Anna Study Abroad Coordinator Serena Vacca at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall Semester 2022 Application Deadline: June 30, 2022
Start a new ExperienceFill out the form alongside choosing between our Study abroad programs in which to participate and start your new adventure in Italy.
Ready to start your application?The next term starts in August 2021
Admission deadline:June 15th, 2021. When you apply, we’ll make a decision within 2-4 weeks. Once you’re accepted, you can start open courses right away!
Frequently asked questionsFAQs
Sant’Anna Institute is located overlooking the Marina Grande of Sorrento, a small and safe city on the Bay of Naples. The Institute is located a short 15 minute walk from the center of town and 20 minutes from the Sorrento Station.
From the train station, it is easy to reach any city in Italy, as well as the gems of the Amalfi Coast. Naples, the closest metropolitan city, is about an hour away, making travel very convenient.
Absolutely not. We offer Italian courses at every level from Beginner to Post Advanced. Upon arrival, your Italian level will be evaluated and you will be placed in the proper class.
Furthermore, all of our staff speak a proficient level of English, ensuring you will not be lost during your time here.
Our students enjoy a plethora of opportunities to explore the region and get to know the Sorrentine community. Internships: During their time at Sant’Anna students can participate in an comprehensive internship related to their field of study. This is a wonderful way to gain relevant work experience and develop as a professional in an international environment.
Service Learning: These are projects that accompany specific courses allowing the community to become a “living” text and source of data for classwork while giving something back to your new home. Excursions and Field Trips: There are three excursions per semester (one per summer term) included in the program.
Aside from Italian language classes, all of our courses are given in English. For a list of courses and descriptions please visit this link: http://www.santannainstitute.com/courses-and-description/
To accommodate our students, we offer full year, Spring and Fall semester, summer sessions, as well as J-term and Maymester programs.
To relieve some of the financial burden of studying abroad, we offer various merit-based grants, as well as a scholarship available to Golden Key members. For more information, please navigate to the “Tuition & Grants” tab.
Yes. Our courses are accredited through our partner university Jacksonville University, making transferring credits an easy process.
We are very lucky to be able to offer a students an abundance of facilities, including free Wi-Fi throughout the building, a library, a student lounge, an organic garden right outside the door, 24-hour assistance to students, an offsite English speaking doctor if medical assistance is required, as well as a newly renovated residence hall on the third and fourth floors of our building.
As mentioned above, we have a residence hall with ensuite double or triple rooms equipped with Wi-Fi, a mini-fridge, and linens. There is a fully furnished kitchen on the third floor where students can comfortably prepare their own meals and store food. Students can also elect to live with a trusted host family or in apartments located in the city.