ProgramFall Semester 2020, 12 weeks
September 20-December 12, 2020
Sant’Anna Institute is now offering students the opportunity to take a full 16-week Fall 2020 semester study abroad in Sorrento, Italy program in a 12-week format.
It will be a condensed 12-week version of our popular 16-week study abroad in Sorrento program, where students receive the same great academic content, excursions, local community engagement and student life experiences in a shorter term.
- Classes start : Monday September 21th
- Classes end : Friday December 11th, 2020
- Student move-in : Sunday September 20th
- Move-out date : Saturday December 12th
- Fall Break is Thursday October 29th – Sunday November 1st
- Fall Break is Thursday October 29th – Sunday November 1st
- ACCESS to the full suite of Sant’Anna courses, internship and service learning opportunities.
- NO NEED of student visa and permit of stay for US citizens
- 3/4 credits per course for a total of 12-18 credits (4-6 courses)
- All courses are 3-credit hours each and meet the 45 contact hours per semester requirement, unless otherwise noted (e.g., Marine Biology, a 3 hour course with a 1 hour lab).
- Single room accommodation in Sant’Anna Residence Hall or Shared apartments in town.
- Students are encouraged to take at least one Italian course (all levels available) – all other courses are taught in English
- 3 day trips included
- Internship opportunities are also available for academic credit (as part of the 18 credits) in a variety of business and art sectors. Please visit the Internship page to learn more.
- To check costs for Fall semester, please click here.
All of our courses are offered through Jacksonville University (Florida).
- Not all courses run every term. Please contact Academic Director Marco Marino or Study Abroad Coordinator Serena Vacca for further information.
- All courses are subject to demand and adequate enrollment, so it is important to get additional alternate courses approved.
- Cancellation up to August 25: full refund minus bank fees.
- Cancellation between August 26 and September 10: 50% refund minus bank fees.
- Cancellation between September 11 and September 21, and or after the start of the program: no refund
- In the event of a force majeur (e.g., national crisis as identified by the Italian Government)
- Occurring after application and before the start of the fall term and resulting in the cancellation of the fall program: full refund minus bank fees.
- Occurring after the start of the fall term and results in a modification of the fall program (e.g., students are required to leave Sorrento and return to the U.S. and courses are converted to a distance learning format for course completion): partial refund of accommodation expenses for the number of nights unused minus bank fees. All other fees and expenses are non-refundable.
In the event of a force majeur (e.g., national crisis as identified by the Italian Government), we have identified the following alternate plans:
- Plan A : 12 week program starting September 21 to December 11
- Plan B : Student can’t travel in September, so Fall will be hybrid : first 6 weeks of classes online followed by 6 weeks onsite in Sorrento.
- Plan C : students can’t travel even after the first weeks online so the entire semester will be totally online
- Plan D: students are required to leave Sorrento, classes will be converted online and a partial refund of accommodation expenses will be provided.
Prices of the different plans will be established accordingly.
For more questions on this process and to apply, please contact Sant’Anna Study Abroad Coordinator Serena Vacca at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW! VIRTUAL INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES FOR SUMMER AND FALL 2020 (not for credit) HERE
Fall Semester Application Deadline: August 1st, 2020
Start a new ExperienceFill out the form alongside choosing between our Study abroad programs in which to participate and start your new adventure in Italy.
Ready to start your application?The next term starts on September 21, 2020
Admission deadline:August 1st, 2020. When you apply, we’ll make a decision within 2-4 weeks. Once you’re accepted, you can start open courses right away!
Frequently asked questionsFAQs
Sant’Anna Institute is located overlooking the Marina Grande of Sorrento, a small and safe city on the Bay of Naples. The Institute is located a short 15 minute walk from the center of town and 20 minutes from the Sorrento Station.
From the train station, it is easy to reach any city in Italy, as well as the gems of the Amalfi Coast. Naples, the closest metropolitan city, is about an hour away, making travel very convenient.
Absolutely not. We offer Italian courses at every level from Beginner to Post Advanced. Upon arrival, your Italian level will be evaluated and you will be placed in the proper class.
Furthermore, all of our staff speak a proficient level of English, ensuring you will not be lost during your time here.
Our students enjoy a plethora of opportunities to explore the region and get to know the Sorrentine community. Internships: During their time at Sant’Anna students can participate in an comprehensive internship related to their field of study. This is a wonderful way to gain relevant work experience and develop as a professional in an international environment.
Service Learning: These are projects that accompany specific courses allowing the community to become a “living” text and source of data for classwork while giving something back to your new home. Excursions and Field Trips: There are three excursions per semester (one per summer term) included in the program.
Aside from Italian language classes, all of our courses are given in English. For a list of courses and descriptions please visit this link: http://www.santannainstitute.com/courses-and-description/
To accommodate our students, we offer full year, Spring and Fall semester, summer sessions, as well as J-term and Maymester programs.
To relieve some of the financial burden of studying abroad, we offer various merit-based grants, as well as a scholarship available to Golden Key members. For more information, please navigate to the “Tuition & Grants” tab.
Yes. Our courses are accredited through our partner university Jacksonville University, making transferring credits an easy process.
We are very lucky to be able to offer a students an abundance of facilities, including free Wi-Fi throughout the building, a library, a student lounge, an organic garden right outside the door, 24-hour assistance to students, an offsite English speaking doctor if medical assistance is required, as well as a newly renovated residence hall on the third and fourth floors of our building.
As mentioned above, we have a residence hall with ensuite double or triple rooms equipped with Wi-Fi, a mini-fridge, and linens. There is a fully furnished kitchen on the third floor where students can comfortably prepare their own meals and store food. Students can also elect to live with a trusted host family or in apartments located in the city.