Maymester Program 2021
- May 2-22, 2021
- 3 weeks for a total of 3 credits (see below for courses offered)
- Cost: $ 3400.00 per person
- April 25-May 22, 2021
- April 25-May 1: add-on Cultural Engagement Week, including Service Learning project and Cultural activities
- 4 weeks for a total of 3 credits (see below for courses offered) + Cultural Engagement Certificate for first week
- Cost: TBA
Courses offered (3 credits each):
- History of the Mafia
- WL 201 Intermediate Italian Language
- WL325 Advanced Italian Language
- WL 325 Medieval Italian Literature I – Dante
- Intro to Marine Biology
1. Accommodation in Sant’Anna Residence Hall double rooms with self catering
2. Arrival and departure group airport transfers
3. Welcome and farewell receptions
4. Orientation session + tour of Sorrento
5. 3-credit course with credit transfer by Jacksonville University
6. 2 group field trips (as part of the History of the Mafia course)
7. Half-day field trip to the excavation site of Pompeii
8. Administration fee
9. Internet access at Sant’Anna / Wi-Fi connection
10. Sant’Anna card for discounts in local shops, bars, and restaurants
11. Use of Sant’Anna facilities
12. Assistance of Sant’Anna staff including 24 hour emergency contact number
Application deadline: March 1, 2021
Enrollment and Cancellation policy
- Initial deposit of 30% of the program fee is due upon confirmation of acceptance to the program
- Full payment of the program fee is due by April 1st
- Up to 60 days prior to the beginning of the term, the student will receive the refund of the deposit paid minus bank fees.
- 60-45 days prior to the beginning of the term, the student will receive the refund of the deposit paid minus: bank fees and $300 of the housing reservation.
- 44-11 days prior to the beginning of the term, the student will be liable for half of the program cost plus bank fees
- 10-0 days prior to the beginning of the term, the student will be liable for the full program cost.
- After the start of the program, liability amounts to the full program cost and no refund will be made.
- Please contact Vice President of Student Affairs Marco Marino or Director of Study Abroad Serena Vacca for further information.
- All courses are subject to demand and adequate enrollment, so it is important to get additional alternate courses approved.
For more questions on this process and to apply, please contact Sant’Anna Director of Study Abroad Serena Vacca at email@example.com.