JANUARY TERM 2024
- January 2, 2024: arrival and check in
- January 3, 2024: courses start
- January 19, 2024: courses end
- January 20, 2024: departure
Application deadline: October 30, 2023
The theme of the J-Term program is “Discovering Southern Italy.” It includes courses closely related to the culture of our territory by encompassing society, history, economy, and nature in our area.
The list of courses available (3 credits each) include:
- FVA 276 History of Italian Cinema
- HIST 350 Special Topics: History of the Mafia
- MSC 113 Intro to Marine Biology
- BIOL 221 Human Nutrition
- MKG 320 Product Management: Food Marketing
- INB 421 Global Business: Italy and Tourism
- ENGL 212/WGS 221 – Special Topics: European Literature and Gender
- POL 375 Special Topics: Human Rights
- WL 101 Elementary Italian Language
- WL 102 Elementary Italian Language
- WL 201 Intermediate Italian Language
- WL 202 Post-Intermediate Italian Language
- WL 325 Advanced Italian Language
- WL 325 Special Topics: Post-Advanced Italian
- WL 325 Medieval Italian Literature I – Dante
- WL 325 Contemporary Italian Literature
- PHIL 375/RELG 350 Religions of the Classical Antiquity
Please see courses descriptions here
PROGRAM COST (3 credits)
J-term fee includes:
1. Accommodation in Sant’Anna Residence Hall or shared apartment with double rooms and self catering
2. Arrival and departure group airport transfers
3. Welcome and farewell receptions
4. Orientation session + tour of Sorrento
5. 3-credit course with credit transfer by Jacksonville University
6. Group field trips as part of chosen course
7. Half-day field trip to the excavation site of Pompeii
8. Administration Fee
9. Internet access at Sant’Anna / Wi-Fi connection
10. Sant’Anna card for discounts in local shops, bars, and restaurants
11. Use of Sant’Anna facilities
12. Assistance of Sant’Anna staff including 24 hour emergency contact number
- Cancellation up to 3 weeks prior program start: full refund minus bank fees.
- Cancellation between 3 weeks and 2 weeks: 50% refund minus bank fees.
- Cancellation from 2 week and or after the start of the program: no refund.
- Please contact Vice President of Student Affairs Marco Marino or Director of Study Abroad Serena Vacca for further information.
- All courses are subject to demand and adequate enrollment, so it is important to get additional alternate courses approved.
Greek Temples in Paestum Dante Alighieri, Father of Italian Language Naples Sorrento Coast