ScholarshipThe Professor Jeff Johnston Study Abroad Scholarship
We are excited to announce that Sant’Anna Institute is providing up to $350,000 in scholarships for Golden Key members who wish to study at the Sant’Anna Institute in Sorrento, Italy.
The Professor Jeff Johnston Study Abroad Scholarship will be made available to Golden Key members who meet the following criteria:
- This is an exclusive scholarship and students must be a Golden Key member.
- Students must have maintained the GPA that qualified them for the top 15% at their university at the time of joining Golden Key.
- Students must have a TOFL score of 71 for international students.
- Students must meet the Sant’Anna program requirements.
- Students must be fluent in English or Italian for the classroom.
- For successful completion of the program, students must provide a personal statement via blog or vlog about their experience during their semester abroad.
- The scholarship is only valid for students applying direcly (not through a provider) and it cannot be combined with any other discount or scholarship
- Students must inform Sant’Anna when applying they are in fact a GK student
This scholarship is for a full semester only.
US academic credit will be earned through Jacksonville University.
Minimum of 12 credits, up to 15 credits.
Scholarship is open to all majors.
Includes housing and transportation from the Naples airport to the school (logistics handled by the Sant’Anna Institute).
- Awards will be paid directly to recipients by Golden Key International Honour Society upon successful completion of program requirements.
- Scholarship amounts vary depending on semester: Maximum individual scholarship for Fall 2020 is $3,500. Maximum individual scholarship amount for Spring 2020 is $3,000
- Deadline for Fall Semester is 15 July.
- Deadline for Spring Semester is 1 November.
Questions about studying in Sant’Anna through this scholarship? Please email Serena Vacca.
Please click here to check application procedure and all details.
Start a new ExperienceFill out the form alongside choosing between our Study abroad programs in which to participate and start your new adventure in Italy.
Frequently asked questionsFAQs
Sant’Anna Institute is located overlooking the Marina Grande of Sorrento, a small and safe city on the Bay of Naples. The Institute is located a short 15 minute walk from the center of town and 20 minutes from the Sorrento Station.
From the train station, it is easy to reach any city in Italy, as well as the gems of the Amalfi Coast. Naples, the closest metropolitan city, is about an hour away, making travel very convenient.
Absolutely not. We offer Italian courses at every level from Beginner to Post Advanced. Upon arrival, your Italian level will be evaluated and you will be placed in the proper class.
Furthermore, all of our staff speak a proficient level of English, ensuring you will not be lost during your time here.
Our students enjoy a plethora of opportunities to explore the region and get to know the Sorrentine community. Internships: During their time at Sant’Anna students can participate in an comprehensive internship related to their field of study. This is a wonderful way to gain relevant work experience and develop as a professional in an international environment.
Service Learning: These are projects that accompany specific courses allowing the community to become a “living” text and source of data for classwork while giving something back to your new home. Excursions and Field Trips: There are three excursions per semester (one per summer term) included in the program.
Aside from Italian language classes, all of our courses are given in English. For a list of courses and descriptions please visit this link: http://www.santannainstitute.com/courses-and-description/
To accommodate our students, we offer full year, Spring and Fall semester, summer sessions, as well as J-term and Maymester programs.
To relieve some of the financial burden of studying abroad, we offer various merit-based grants, as well as a scholarship available to Golden Key members. For more information, please navigate to the “Tuition & Grants” tab.
Yes. Our courses are accredited through our partner university Jacksonville University, making transferring credits an easy process.
We are very lucky to be able to offer a students an abundance of facilities, including free Wi-Fi throughout the building, a library, a student lounge, an organic garden right outside the door, 24-hour assistance to students, an offsite English speaking doctor if medical assistance is required, as well as a newly renovated residence hall on the third and fourth floors of our building.
As mentioned above, we have a residence hall with ensuite double or triple rooms equipped with Wi-Fi, a mini-fridge, and linens. There is a fully furnished kitchen on the third floor where students can comfortably prepare their own meals and store food. Students can also elect to live with a trusted host family or in apartments located in the city.