Summer 2020 courses online via eLearning
In addition to offering our exceptional in-residence study abroad experience in Sorrento, several popular Sant’Anna courses will now be available online to provide students with distance learning options for the Summer I and II 2020 terms.
Students interested in an online option will appreciate the interactive and robust mix of live and video lectures delivered by experienced and expert instructors, virtual field trips, interactive sessions, applied learning assignments, lively group chats, dedicated course tutors and 24/7 access and support. And for those interested in pursuing Italian Studies, our online sections mirror our in-residence courses by offering:
- All the courses are a blend of both asynchronous and synchronous online learning
- Six different levels of Italian language courses (fully taught in Italian)
- Course entrance competency tests (when needed)
- Two courses of Italian literature (fully taught in Italian)
- Live lessons
- A focus on communication skills
- A spotlight on Italian cultural topics
“Our Sant’Anna eLearning team has developed a mirror program of rigorous, high-quality, and relevant academic coursework to be delivered directly to students over the Jacksonville University online learning platform. All courses are 3-credit hours each and may be transferable to students’ home institution through JU. These courses complement current US home university offerings and are unique to our program and environment,” said Dr. Marco Marino, Sant’Anna Academic Director.
The list of approved courses available online for both Summer I and Summer II terms include:
- WL 101: Elementary Italian Language
- WL 102 Elementary Italian Language
- WL 201 Intermediate Italian Language
- WL 202 Post-Intermediate Italian Language
- WL 325 Advanced Italian Language
- WL 325 Special Topics: Post-Advanced Italian
- WL 325 Medieval Italian Literature I – Dante
- WL 325 Contemporary Italian Literature
- HIST 350 Greek Influence in Southern Italy: Colonization & Culture
- MSC 113 intro to Marine Biology
- INB 421 Global Business: Italy and Tourism
- HIST 350 Special Topics: History of the Mafia
- IS 350/HIST 350 History of Italian food and culture
- FVA 276 History of Italian Cinema
- JU 330 Italian Community, Management and Professional Culture (with project work)
- JU 330 New York Calls, Naples Responds (Summer II only)
DATES AND DEADLINES:
- Summer I , 2020: May 24-June 27, 2020. Application deadline: May, 11 2020
- Summer II , 2020: June 28-August 1, 2020. Application deadline: June 15, 2020
- Summer III , 2020: May 24-August 1, 2020. Application deadline: May 11, 2020
- Summer I or II, 3 credits (one course): $1,960.00
- Summer I, II or III, 6 credits (two courses): $2,960.00
- Summer III, 9 credits (three courses): $4,920.00
- Summer III, 12 credits (four courses): $5,920.00
The above fees do not include JU transcript fee ($50,00 per credit-hour).
- Cancellation up 2 weeks prior program start: full refund minus bank fees.
- Cancellation between 2 weeks and 1 week: 50% refund minus bank fees.
- Cancellation from 1 week and or after the start of the program: no refund
For application and general information please contact Ms. Serena Vacca, Study Abroad Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Specific inquiries may also be addressed to Dr. Marco Marino, Academic Director, at email@example.com.