Sant’Anna Institute Sorrento and our talented faculty are now offering virtual guest lectures for Summer 2020
Sant’Anna Institute is excited to introduce our new Sant’Anna Faculty Virtual Guest Lecture Program for the Summer 2020 term. We recognize the many challenges we all have in reconfiguring our educational curriculum and courses due to the impact of the Coronavirus epidemic – particularly in the development of new and or modification of existing classes to online formats.
Therefore, Sant’Anna is pleased to offer our US universities and colleagues the opportunity to augment and complement their Summer online courses and lessons with a virtual guest lecture by one of our talented faculty.
We recognize that each online course layout and design is different, and our faculty are happy to work with you and adjust a guest lecture according to your topical needs and time preferences. Either way, our virtual guest lecture speakers can provide your classes with a unique ‘International, Italian, and local’ perspective on topics of contemporary interest.
We look forward to the opportunity to collaborate, share our insights, and wish to be a valuable addition to your online Summer courses.
So, please take a moment to review the table below containing the names of our faculty, areas of expertise, and potential lecture topics of interest. If interested, reach out to us via the contact information below.
Areas of Expertise
Potential Lecture Topics
History of the Mafia
· The Origin of Mafia between Stereotypes and Actual History
· The Mafia in the Time of Covid-19
· Cinema and Mafia
· Women and Mafia
· History and Culture of Italian Food
History and Culture of the Mediterranean
· Between God and Men: Religion and Food
· Fast Food and Slow Food
· Medicine and Food: The Mediterranean Diet
· The Religions of the Mediterranean Sea
· The Mediterranean Sea during the Middle Age: Amalfi and Sea Republics
· A Virtual Dive into the Biology of Marine Life
· Marine Protected Areas: The Case of Punta Campanella (Sorrento Peninsula)
History of Italian Cinema
· Neo-realism in Postwar Italy
· Naples/Hollywood: Italian and American Movies on the Bay of Naples
Cultural Studies, American History
· New York and Naples: Comparing History, Culture and Urban Problems
· Black Americas and Black Mediterranean between Tradition and Modernity
· Italian Language (Any level, topics to be determined) *
· Love in Dante*
· Colombo’s Letters: The Discovery Announcement*
· The Italian Enlightenment: The Concept of Human Rights in Cesare Beccaria*
|Davide de Gennaro||
· Doing Business in the European Union: Challenges and Opportunities
· The Future of Tourism Post-COVID-19
*Lecture taught in Italian
For more information about our Summer 2020 Virtual Faculty Guest Lecture Program and all of our Sant’Anna Academic Programs, please contact Sant’Anna Academic Director, Dr. Marco Marino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Sant’Anna, the city of Sorrento and our study abroad programs, please contact our Study Abroad Coordinator, Ms. Serena Vacca at email@example.com.
Sant’Anna Institute, located in Sorrento Italy and founded in 1998, specializes in providing study abroad programs in partnership with American universities, Italian language for foreigners and foreign languages for Italians. Please find us at https://www.santannainstitute.com/.