2021 Hybrid Program May-June
Sant’Anna Institute is delighted to announce the new 2021 Hybrid MayMester + Internship Summer Program, which combines:
- an online course, delivered on JU Blackboard, during the MayMester (May 3-21, 2021)
- an internship onsite in Sorrento – in the same academic field as the MayMester course – during the Summer I term (May 23-June 26, 2021)
for a total of 6 credits in 8 weeks.
The program offers the comfort of taking an accredited course from home, in addition to the opportunity to do an internship for credit in Sorrento in the same area to be able to advantageously combine theory and practice.
The courses and internship pairs offered are (Please see courses descriptions here):
|MSC 113 Introduction to Marine Biology||MSC390 Local Protected Marine Area organization|
|ARH 376 Special Topics: History of Art from Ancient Greece to Italian Renaissance||ART390 Art History Contemporary art gallery, Local foundation for arts & culture), Studio Arts (Contemporary art gallery)|
|BIOL 221 Human Nutrition||BIOL390 Nutrition, Community Health (Mediterranean cuisine cook school; Farm-to-table restaurant/farmhouse)|
|ENG 306 WI Creative Writing||COMM390 Journalism, English (Local online & printed publications)|
|JU 330 Introduction to Volcanology||GEOG390 Volcanology (Volcano observatory, Private geology studio)|
|POL 208 International Politics||IS390 International Politics, Human Rights, Political Science (NGO office for the social inclusion of refugees in Naples)|
|WL 325 Post Advanced Italian||JU390 Italian Studies (Private language institute, Center for diversely-abled adults, Summer youth camp)|
|INB 303 Competing in the Global Environment||MGT390 Emergency Management, Event Management, Fashion Merchandising, Fitness Management|
|INB 421 Global Business: Italy and Tourism||MGT390 Hospitality, Tourism, and Food & Beverage Management|
MKG 320 Product Management: Food Marketing
|MKG390 Marketing (Fine-dining restaurant)|
|WGS 201 Introduction to Women’s and Gender Studies||WGS390 Women’s Studies (NGO office for the social inclusion of refugees in Naples)|
POL 375 Special Topics: Human Rights*
– elderly center (health promotion for seniors, the social group most affected by the Covid pandemic)
– local health authority (how a public health system, like the Italian one, has dealt with the epidemic from Covid- 19)
– therapist’s office (psychological effects of the epidemic)
*The Covid-19 epidemic has highlighted the need to reiterate that the right to health represents one of the fundamental human rights. For this reason, the POL 375 Special Topics: Human Rights course will focus on how to put the right to health for all into practice and on exploring the relationship between health and human rights. The WHO Constitution (1946) envisages “…the highest attainable standard of health as a fundamental right of every human being.” It implies a clear set of legal obligations on states to ensure appropriate conditions for the enjoyment of health for all people without discrimination. The right to health is one of a set of internationally agreed human rights standards and is inseparable or ‘indivisible’ from these other rights. This means achieving the right to health is both central to and dependent upon the realization of other human rights- to food, housing, work, education, information, and participation.
- Virtual Maymester Program only (May 3-21), 3 credits: $1,960.00
- Virtual Maymester (May 3-21) + Onsite Summer Internship (May 23-June 26, 2021), 6 credits total:
- with accommodation in double room: $7,460.00
- with accommodation in single room: $7,675.00
- Virtual Maymester (May 3-21) + Onsite Summer Internship + Onsite Summer Course (May 23-June 26, 2021), 9 credits total:
- with accommodation in double room: $8,460.00
- with accommodation in single room: $8,675.00
- Cancellation up 2 weeks prior program start: full refund minus bank fees.
- Cancellation between 2 weeks and 1 week: 50% refund minus bank fees.
- Cancellation from 1 week and or after the start of the program: no refund.
For Maymester onsite options only, please visit our Maymester page here: https://www.santannainstitute.com/maymester-program/