SANT’ANNA INSTITUTE NAPLES HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER PROGRAM Number of weeks
: 3 weeksDates
: July Credits :
3 transfer credits from Jacksonville UniversityCourse:
The program will include 1 course, ITALIAN 101
, accredited by Jacksonville University, taught by Sant’Anna Institute’s faculty.
Information about courses taught by Sant’Anna Institute: http://www.santannainstitute.com/en/courses-and-syllabi.php .
Classes held in classroom space at SANT’ANNA INSTITUTE, equipped with SmartBoards, high ceilings and windows with lots of natural light.Service Learning Options
The program will include 1 group service learning project: COOKING with OLTRE I SOGNI, a center for diversely-abled members of the community. More information about service learning projects: http://www.santannainstitute.com/en/service-learning.php Accommodation for students For minors:
Homestays with local families.
Living with a host family is an excellent opportunity to acquire a deeper understanding of Italy and its people. In fact, returning students often report that the homestay was one of the best aspects of their study abroad experience. Living with a host family allows students to interact daily with locals, build life-long bonds with members of the family, and experience first-hand the customs, cuisine and language they learn about in class.
Sant'Anna offers two options:
- host family B&B (with only breakfast included every day in the program fee)
- host family H/B (with breakfast and dinner every day) at an additional fee of 200$For 18 yrs and more:
Dorms: Double rooms – self catering
Dorm rooms are equipped with two single beds and view to either the garden or the sea. There are ensuite bathrooms in the rooms and a communal kitchen. Single rooms may be requested for an additional fee but are very limited in availability and cannot be guaranteed.
The dorms are located in the Sant’Anna building above Marina Grande. *Single rooms may be available at an additional fee. We have a limited number of single bedrooms available, so by applying early, you have the best strategy to maximize the chance to get your room preferenceOrientation:
- Walking tour to visit Sorrento (upon arrival).
- Orientation Session organized at Sant’Anna Institute on the first day of the program.
One excursion included: AMALFI COAST- Positano-Amalfi-Ravello The group will leave from Sorrento by private bus and they will be the entire day with a specialized guide. They tour includes the visit of Positano, Amalfi and Ravello, the famous “Amalfi Drive" that is said to be one of the most spectacular roads in Europe. From Sorrento the winding cliff top road offers breathtaking panoramic views from every bend. Amalfi, now a thriving holiday resort, was once a powerful and prosperous marine republic, and homeland of Flavio Gioia, the inventor of the compass. The beautiful cathedral, with its ornate façade, stands at the top of steps leading up from the main square, and houses the remains of the patron saint of Amalfi, Saint Andrew 9am Departure from Sorrento by private bus Visit of Positano, Amalfi and Ravello with specialized guide.4pm Return to SorrentoAdditional excursions / activities may be organized upon request for an additional fee:
The Program includes
- Mt Vesuvius
- Historical centre of Naples
- Herculaneum ruins
- Paestum ruins
- Visit to Limoncello factory
- Visit to Pasta factory
- Visit to Olive Oil factory
- Visit to Inlaid woodwork museum
- Visit to vineyard
- Course taught by Sant’Anna Institute
- Cost of Jacksonville University transfer credits
- Welcome and farewell event
- Orientation session and tour of the town
- One excursion
- Service learning project
- Administration Fee
- Internet access at Sant’Anna / Wi-fi connection
- Sant’Anna card for discounts in local shops, bar and restaurants
- Use of Sant’Anna facilities
- Assistance of Sant’Anna staff including 24 hrs emergency contact numberThe Program does not include
- Personal expenses
- Excursions/Activities not included in the program
- Transportation to free time activities
- Lunch/Meals if not included
- Everything not included under the voice “The program includes”