Sorrento 04:15 AM
Fall in Sorrento begins with the summer weather of late August, which carries on through most of the semester. The harvest begins in October when the fruits and vegetables of autumn become available in abundance!
Intern with a local business in your field or strictly take credits toward your degree, and celebrate Thanksgiving and local holidays with Italian friends on the warm Sorrento coast.
Experience the beginning of Italian holidays in December and the festivities that accompany the celebrations.
Discover what a past student thought about the merits of a fall semester abroad on our blog!
- August 26 – December 15, 2018
- Fall break: October 13-21
- 3 credits per course for a total of 15-18 credits
- Students take one Italian course (all levels available) and 4-5 courses taught in English.
- 3 excursions included: Pompeii, Mt Vesuvius, Naples
- Internship opportunities are also available for academic credit (as part of the 18 credits) in a variety of business and art sectors. Please visit the Internship page to learn more.
- All our courses are offered through SUNY Alfred (New York State) which is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. For more questions on this process, please contact Sant'Anna Program Coordinator Olga Stinga at firstname.lastname@example.org. For application, contact the Assistant Program Coordinator, Serena Vacca, at email@example.com. Courses noted with (ASC) are taught by Alfred State College faculty.
- Tuition and Fees
Application Deadline for Fall 2018 Program: June 20th, 2018
|INTERNSHIP||Internship||3, 6 or 12|
|BUSINESS||Business in the European Union||3|
|Territory and Entrepreneurship: Tradition, Sustainability, Competitiveness||3|
|ITALIAN STUDIES||Elementary Italian||3|
|Medieval Italian Literature I||3|
|Medieval Italian Literature II||3|
|Modern Italian Literature||3|
|Contemporary Italian Literature||3|
|SOCIAL SCIENCES||History of Contemporary Italy||3|
|History of the Mafia: Origins and International Scope||3|
|Western Civilization since 1648||3|
|Anthropology of Europe||3|
|Mediterranean culture and history||3|
|ARTS and HUMANITIES||Archaeology: Cities of Fire||3|
|Creative Writing: Travel and Experience||3|
|History of Italian Cinema||3|
|Art History: Ancient Greek to Italian Baroque||3|
|Introduction to digital photography||3|
|Drawing on Location, the Art of the Travel Sketchbook||3|
|Culture of Italy in Context||4|
|ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES||Environmental Law||3|
|SOCIAL SCIENCES||International Relations||3|